Minelab X‑TERRA 705 Metal Detector
A versatile all-purpose detector capable of all types of detecting, from coin & treasure to relics, beach and even gold prospecting.
VFLEX uses state of the art digital electronics to enhance standard single frequency detection technology. This has the advantage of providing dependable performance and improved immunity to outside interference. VFLEX technology also has an added advantage that changing the detector’s coil also automatically changes the detector’s operating frequency. This means that an X-TERRA detector can operate at different frequencies allowing the detector to be easily modified to suit different detecting conditions.
VFLEX provides increased detecting performance with perfect sine wave transmission, an in-coil signal booster and coil selectable transmit frequencies.
- Standard 18.75kHz Double-D elliptical coil provides effective depth and ground coverage, plus the coil’s high frequency is extremely sensitive and perfectly suited for finding small pieces of gold.
- Standard 7.5 kHz Concentric coil is waterproof, suitable for detecting on beach and riverside
Target ID Stability
Target ID stability – precise, solid responsiveness in high-trash areas enabling you to efficiently and effectively search sites with a high concentration of junk.
Threshold tone for more accurate target ID interpretation.
Also a great coin detector with highly accurate discrimination and numeric target identification.
Four Preset Detecting Patterns
Customizable and includes All-Metal mode
The specialized Prospecting Mode has improved sensitivity making the detector more sensitive to small target signals. The Prospecting Mode can be used in highly mineralized, 'difficult' areas. The Prospecting Mode is ideal not only when searching for gold nuggets but also for small relics and some types of jewelry.
Adjustable Iron Mask
Designed for Prospecting Mode. This feature allows you to find desirable targets lying close to ferrous metals.
Automatic & Manual Ground Balance
Automatic/Manual Ground Balancing, Tracking and now with Tracking Ground Balance Offset adjustment. This creates a performance advantage in certain areas such as wet/dry sand transition and hot rock locations, by setting the balance slightly positive or negative.
True automatic Ground Balance eliminates false ground noises so you can hear elusive small gold signals.
Two Pinpoint Modes: Auto and Sizing.
Depth indicators update continuously, even in Pinpoint mode.
Effective noise cancel reduces interference.
Lightweight, balanced design (only 1.3kgs) so you can enjoy detecting for longer periods.
Positive transflective LCD display providing a back light only in dim light conditions enabling better screen visibility in poor lighting whilst saving battery charge in well lit conditions.
4 X AA Batteries
Runs on just 4 x AA batteries.
X-TERRA 705 Tech Specs
- Application: Coin, Relic, Jewelry, Beach & Gold Prospecting
- Technology: VFLEX
- Frequency/Transmission: 3, 7.5 & 18.75kHz - change frequency by changing coils
- Coil (standard): 9" Concentric lightweight, waterproof 7.5kHz.
- Audio Output: Internal speaker & 6.35mm (1/4") headphone jack.
- Visual Display: Large monochrome 76mm x 37mm (3" x 1.75") transflective LCD.
- Backlight: Yes.
- Product ID: 722
- Memory: Remembers user settings even if batteries are removed.
- Depth Indication: 5 Depth indication icons.
- Detect Modes: (2) Coin and Treasure & Prospecting.
- Discrimination: Four factory Discrimination patterns that can be personalized, All Metal & Iron Mask. 28 segment Discrimination scale.
- Audio tone: 1, 2, 3, 4 & Multi (28).
- Ground Balance: Manual 1 to 90, Automatic, Beach, Tracking & Tracking Offset.
- Pinpoint: Two modes: Automatic & Sizing.
- Sensitivity Adjust: Adjustable (1 to 30).
- Tune / Noise Cancel: 5 Channels (-2, -1, 0, 1, 2), Manual & Automatic.
- Threshold: Adjustable (-5 to 25).
- Target Volume Adjust: Adjustable (0 to 30).
- Battery: 4xAA Alkaline/Carbon/Lithium or NiMH/NiCad (not included).
- Low battery alert: Audio & visual alert.
- Length: 1220mm - 1420mm (48" - 56").
- Weight: 1.3kg (2.9lbs) (ex. battery).
- Warranty: 3 years control box & coil.